I saved my last bit of strawberry basil vodka for this beverage. I haven’t lost my reservations about ginger beer, though it continues to grow on me. But any issues I might have, I set them aside in order to experiment with this one. You’ll find the original recipe HERE.
- 3 strawberries, washed, hulled
- 3 basil leaves, washed
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ ounce Strawberry Basil Vodka
- Ginger Beer
- Extra strawberry for garnish, if desired
- Place strawberries and basil leaves into the bottom of a Moscow Mule mug or double old fashioned glass.
- Add lime juice and splash of ginger beer.
- Muddle ingredients together.
- Add vodka and gently stir.
- Add 2-3 ice cubes.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry if desired.
If you’ve been enjoying the strawberry basil theme, this one won’t disappoint. Thanks to the muddled strawberry and basil, the flavor really comes out in this one. I honestly couldn’t tell if the flavored vodka made any difference. Marla uses regular vodka in her recipe so, if you don’t have any of the strawberry basil variety, you might still go ahead and try this. This is a happy spring/summer drink…but, I can’t see any reason why you can’t enjoy it throughout the year. Cheers!